I try to do my summary of the year in my mother tongue every year. Things I learned, experienced, was surprised by and was thankful for. Quick and dirty one in English before it is outdated.
2014. Тhe first year that was split in two equal parts of work and unemployment.
This year I learned:
- if there is no employer who can pay me the amount I am worth, I would rather earn less or nothing but only doing things I enjoy very much.
- my daughter – de luxе and limited edition – is finally almost 21 y.o. and she is still teaching me to see things in a different light
- I feel guilty only when I am not sure of my decision
- if the man I love is not a challenge for me, I get bored soon
- the second chance we don’t give to other people. Second chances we do give to ourselves.
- it’s so great to date myself, but I am not sure if I want to have sex with clone of me
- I really love to sleep alone on my own bed. Across it and without any fear of someone snoring.
I’ve checked few rules of thumb
- I don’t care WHO thinks WHAT about me, if I don’t think about them at all
- I don’t need to look for a job, the good job will find me
- I need to say Yes to myself more often to be happy. To be more successful – more often say NO to others
- most men I met this year were afraid of themselves more than frightened of commitment or intimidated by women
- you can’t split with anyone who you were never together with
- I can hope but never expect
- Love and Hate are not opposites. Indifference is the opposite of Love.
- woman is never too old, only a guy can be too young.
- Courage to say what you feel is a very masculine feature, but commonly found in women
- If you lose your wings you learn to fly on broomstick very easy.
- If you feel anxiety to lose your job, anxiety disappears immediately when you’ve made redundant
- There is a life after XXXX Inc ( replace XXX with your company name). And a very good one.
- When you work yоu use 10% of your wardrobe. It so fun to start using the rest 90%when unemployed;
- It’s almost impossible, but it might happen, that you have too many pairs of shoes.
- NO that was said on the right moment is finally changes to YES with the best ROI
- The best way to solve some problems – to ignore them. They will fade away because of lack of attention
And the award goes to:
WTF of the year: I do attract psychopaths
Compliment of the year: You remind me of Anjelica Houston. – , Thanks, I would love to be her when she was in love with Jack Nicholson:)
Wish of the year: Red handbag. Ordered. To be delivered in January.
Focus of the year: Towards emotions
OMG of the year: To be his last woman
Relocation of the year. Never happened: To China, Florida, Spain.
Pain of the year: To keep a secret about unfaithful husband me seeing his happy wife every day in the office.
Number of the year –21. Not kilos, but years.
Disappointment of the year: Forgotten joy of taking pictures
Fear of the year: Phone call from parents on odd hour.
Best kept promise: Easter resolution.
Discovery of the year: Exploring Barcelona by night with total stranger.
Book of the year: Promised and never written.
Selfishness of the year: I am not going to change my perfume despite it annoys anyone.Sorry.
Question of the year: Have you got a new job?
Answer of the year: I can afford be unemployed.
App of the year: Timeful
Privately if was damn bad year. Today five out of six my dearest people are sick, ill, in the hospital or waiting for confirmation of diagnosis. My only wish for the New year is enough of heath for everybody.
We are smart enough to earn money, spend it, have fun, do crazy things and live life we want. We just need to be healthy to be happy.
Happy, healthy and fun New Year! Make your amazing mistakes…