What does BDSM stands for, Mom?

astosx

We have a Mom’s day on the first Sunday of May. I am going to visit my Mom. I will tell her something nice, I will kiss her and  will hug her, but I will never ever tell her how do I live.  I have too many secrets. She was always my  Mom I was very proud of and she never was my ally or the keeper of my secrets.

Moms are different…Daughters are different too.

During a year and a half on dating site, I’ve sent a not more than 10  first messages to guys – as usual with good opening and closing in the same one.  In 80 % out of all cases – complementing on nice pic or essay – it was a challenge to make their day:) The rest 20% of my opening messages are dying  to be described  in  more detailed post.

“Nice pic! ” – I shot a  short and message  to guy, who didn’t want show himself and had a discreet and creative pic with glasses on.

“Thanks, you are sexy. And also it seems you are somehow open to BDSM”– the answer was  unexpectedly straightforward.

“You are good at reading between the lines. Tell me where you sensed this:) ”  We  exchanged few more messages with Master, who also hosts  couch-surfers with special interests. After short messaging ping-pong  I said that BDSM is not my fairy tale.

On Saturday breakfast catch up I’ve covered this particular conversation among other topics.

– What does this  BDSM stands for, Mom?

I explained the abbreviation shortly and  gave some examples, mostly from films.

–Ah, I see,  I had no idea it has special abbreviation – 4in1- my daughter replied and was ready to talk about tomatoes in our balcony garden  this year.

– And please, don’t mention to your friends we were talking about things like that during breakfast, – I’ve added with a smile.

– Mom,  relax! They will be amazed!  Do you still remember these   stunned girls in my class, when they realized I can talk about my period  with you without any embarrassment?  Do you still remember when  my friend asked me to ask you to call her mom and ask her to talk about  menses with her daughter,  because daughter wanted to talk to her mom, but was not capable to start a dialog herself, so she asked me  and I’ve asked you…

This Sunday we ‘ll have The Mom’s day.  Me and my daughter will go to see my Mom. To kiss, to hug, to thank for being my Mom, despite all  misunderstandings in our relationship.  I won’t ask her what BDSM stands for, but will bring her a nice notebook and will ask  her to write down all her best recipes.

I wish you  a nice Mom’s day whenever you celebrate it!

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “What does BDSM stands for, Mom?”

  1. Wow…glad I never got asked that one. I agree there is no need for them to know your sexuality – they have their own things to figure out, and we have to be there to help them for those (even if our parents could not do that for us).

    Like

  2. Oh, it was funny, I can say, not that tough. Since here English is the second or the third language for most of inhabitants, a lot of abbreviations are just set of letters, like ATM or PIN never explained, just used. And you are right, it would have been a lot more difficult talk if the essence of abbreviation was touched upon.

    Like

Comments are closed.